Scarlot Harlot vs. Bad Laws and Mean Women

These videos and missives are about my political encounters as a sex worker activist.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

I figured it out

I have been looking at their propaganda. I was at Robyn and Michael's helping put up signs and hangers, actually taping the paper signs to card board...we didn't have enough money to print cardboard signs...

The crux of their human rights argument is that "... the best way to help (street prostitutes) to get out of prostitution is law enforcement."

Prostitution damages society...the 'neighborhood' as a metaphor for society.

The 65% sucess rate they are bragging about is 12 out of 20 women gradutated from their program...which means they (may have) stayed straight for x number of days, went to groups and got along well in that context. But what happened to the other 8? They are tossed into the streets! There's from zero to not enough dollars in disability funding for them. Didn't this state make drug users ineligible? What about former drug users?

I am mad when I see their misleading literature. I am almost comforted to see the blatant marriage of fundie feminism with...uh, another type of fundie feminism...who are the big donors, moviers and shakers behind the anti-pros? Wealthy feminist donors..I know one! I even got a dribble down effect bit of funding from her...not much.

I am waiting for Law and Order...not the social dynamics, but the TV Show. I like to watch them again and again.
I figured it out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home